This recipe for Éclair cake is one my mom used to make when I was a kid. I remember always being so excited when she was making it. It still is a favorite dessert recipe of mine. It is quick and easy to prepare which always scores points in my book! ;o)
Five ingredients are all it takes to make this delicious dessert! Whisk the pudding mix and milk together for two minutes, until the pudding mix is dissolved. Using a spatula, fold the cool whip into the pudding mixture until well blended. Line the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish with graham crackers. Spread half of the pudding mix onto the graham crackers evenly so that it so it covers the graham crackers. Add another layer of the graham crackers over the pudding mix. Spread the rest of the pudding mix on the graham crackers. Add one more layer of graham crackers to the top of the cake. Frost the top with the chocolate frosting. Chill finished cake at least 8 hours. Serve chilled. Store any remaining cake in the refrigerator.
- Two 3.4 ounce packages vanilla instant pudding mix, dry
- 3 ½ cups cold milk
- 8 ounce Cool Whip, thawed
- One 16 ounce chocolate frosting
- One 14 ounce package of graham crackers
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for two minutes, until pudding mix is dissolved.
- Using a spatula, fold in the cool whip until well blended.
- Place a single layer of the graham crackers on the bottom of 13x9 baking dish.
- Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers.
- Repeat layering the graham crackers and spread the other half of the pudding mixture onto the graham crackers.
- Top with another layer of graham crackers.
- Spread chocolate frosting on the top layer of graham crackers.
- Chill cake at least 8 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled.
- Store any remaining cake in the refrigerator.