It’s Halloween night and what do you make for a fun Halloween dish that doesn’t take all afternoon to prepare? Halloween Witch Hat Calzones! Halloween is pretty big in our house so we always try to have something fun to eat on Halloween. This recipe is a hit on Halloween night at my house and it is quick and easy to make. The day goes by so fast, you want to enjoy it too, right?! This recipe could be served as a light dinner with veggies on the side or as an appetizer or side dish.
First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place parchment paper on your baking sheet or lightly grease it. While your oven is heating, slice up the pepperoni into small pieces. Slice up some into fun shapes, like triangles, diamonds or crescent moons. Set the fun shaped pepperoni aside. Mix the softened cream cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and pepperoni together in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
Unroll the crescent rolls into separate triangles and place half of them on your prepared baking sheet. Place the other half to the side. Scoop about two tablespoons of cheese mixture and place that on the middle of the crescent roll.
Slightly beat the egg and mix in the water. Then brush the edges of the triangles with the egg. Take one of the other triangles that you put off to the side on top of the triangle with the cheese. Gently press down on the edges so that the cheese mixture stays in during baking.
Fold over the bottom half of the triangle so it resembles the brim of a witch hat. Work the tip of the triangle so it looks even more like a witch hat. Brush the witch hats with a little of the egg mixture. Sprinkle the hats with oregano and add the fun shaped pepperoni pieces to the brim of the hat. Once you have it looking the way you would like it to, poke a few holes in the “hat” to release steam.
Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Serve with warm pizza sauce. Enjoy and have a fun Halloween night!
- ½ cup pepperoni, sliced into small pieces
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages crescent rolls (8 ounce each package)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Dried oregano
- Pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet or lightly grease it.
- Slice up the pepperoni into small pieces.
- Cut some pepperoni into fun shapes to put on the hat (diamonds, triangles, crescent moons). Set those aside.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and pepperoni until combined well.
- Unroll the crescent rolls into separate triangles.
- Place half of the triangles on the prepared baking sheet and set the other half to the side.
- Spoon out about two tablespoons onto the center of each crescent roll.
- Slightly beat the egg in a small bowl. Mix in the water.
- Brush on the egg at the edges of the crescent roll.
- Take the other half of the crescent rolls and place each one on top of the crescent roll with the cheese mixture.
- Gently press together at the edges to make sure the cheese mixture stays inside the crescent rolls while baking.
- Fold up the bottom of the crescent roll so it looks like the brim of a witch’s hat.
- Work the tip of the hat so it looks more like a witch hat.
- Brush the witch hats with a little of the egg.
- Place a few fun shaped pepperoni pieces onto the edge of the hat. (triangles, diamonds, crescent moons)
- Sprinkle oregano over the hat.
- Poke a few holes in the hat to release steam.
- Place baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Serve with warm pizza sauce.
- Makes 8 witches hat calzones.