The warm weather is here and one of my favorite things to eat in the summer is ice cream. I have to say my favorite is Mint Ting A Ling (chocolate mint)…but really if it has chocolate in it, I am usually a fan. How about you? Do you have a favorite ice cream flavor? This recipe for Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Pie mixes three favorites of mine…chocolate, strawberries and ice cream! If you are like me and are a fan of those, you will love this pie. It is so quick and easy to make, you will love it for that reason too!
The ice cream I use for this recipe is Breyers Chocolate Truffle. If you love chocolate, you will love this ice cream! It is dark chocolate ice cream with pieces of dark chocolate truffles. With it being mixed with the Cool Whip, the chocolate flavored is lessened a bit. This is why I wanted to use an ice cream with lots of chocolate flavor. If you can’t find this particular ice cream, that is fine. I would just suggest using an ice cream with that has a lot of chocolate flavor in it.
Once you have thawed your Cool Whip and have your strawberries ready to go, take out your ice cream so it can soften just a little. Make sure it doesn’t sit out too long so it doesn’t melt too much. In a large bowl, stir the ice cream and Cool Whip until it is combined well. Gently fold in the diced strawberries. Then pour the ice cream mixture into your chocolate graham cracker crust and spread it out evenly. Since you are working with ice cream, make sure you work quickly. Place the pie into the freezer for at least four hours. (A little tip…make sure it is placed straight so it won’t make a mess in your freezer before it sets.)
Serve right out of the freezer. You can garnish with strawberries and give it a drizzle of chocolate syrup or hot fudge if you like. :o)
- 2 1/2 cups of your favorite chocolate ice cream, softened (I used Breyers Chocolate Truffle)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- Chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge, optional
- Strawberries to garnish, optional
- Cut up the strawberries into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened ice cream and thawed Cool Whip until well combined.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Pour into graham cracker pie crust and spread out evenly.
- Place in the freezer for at least four hours.
- Serve right out of the freezer.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup, hot fudge and/or strawberries, optional.
- A little tip...make sure you place the pie in the freezer straight so it doesn't make a mess before it sets.