Do you ever have those days where you just don’t know what to make for dinner? I know I have those days. Whether we are busy or it is summer and I don’t want to heat up the house, sometimes you just need a quick and easy dinner for your family. A lot of my favorite dinners to make are recipes that do not have a long list of ingredients and are quick to make. As much as I love to cook for my family, I also love spending time with them. So any quick and easy dinner recipe is high on my list. One recipe that has been a highly requested recipe from my family is this one for Chicken Wraps. It has become a family favorite and it works for me because it is so quick and easy to make. And…they are delicious and good for us too!
With summer just around the corner, this recipe would be a great dinner recipe for you. It is one to make often since you don’t have to cook anything in your oven and you won’t heat up the house. That’s always a plus. And you won’t need to spend much time preparing this dinner so more time for you to enjoy summer. We live in the Western New York area so summer is really only from June (maybe May if we are lucky) to September. So we try to soak up all the warmth and abundant sunshine while we have it. :o)
When we first started to make this recipe, I would buy chicken breast and cook it in the oven. I cook my chicken breast in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. But then one day we were in a hurry so I bought a rotisserie chicken. And it made this dinner even easier! Just slice up the rotisserie chicken into small pieces and make the wrap with the salad dressing, cheese, fresh tomatoes and nice dark salad greens and you are good to go! I really don’t have a preference taste wise, but I do prefer cutting out cooking time. Lately we have been using the rotisserie chicken.
I like to use blue cheese dressing for this but my daughter prefers Ranch dressing so we make her wrap with Ranch. Either one works or try you r favorite dressing instead. My husband is a hot sauce kind of guy so he started to add hot sauce to his and my son followed his lead on that. What is great about this dinner is you make it how you like it. I like a lot of salad greens in my wrap while my daughter could go with a bit less…so I didn’t give exact measurements on every ingredient because it can vary as to how you like to make it.
What I can tell you is that this makes a delicious quick and easy dinner. Perfect for those busy nights or when you just don’t feel like putting a whole lot of effort into dinner! Enjoy this quick and easy dinner and the extra time spent with your family (or to yourself) since dinner was just that easy!
- One cooked rotisserie chicken, diced or 1lb. chicken breast (cooked and diced)
- Whole wheat tortilla wraps (a package of ten)
- Blue cheese or Ranch salad dressing
- Cheddar cheese, shredded or sliced
- Dark salad greens
- Grape tomatoes, sliced
- Red onion, diced
- Hot sauce, optional
- Dice up the cooked chicken. (If cooking the chicken breast, cook it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.)
- Spread thin layer of blue cheese or ranch dressing on the middle of each tortilla. If you are using hot sauce, add your desired amount with the salad dressing.
- Place the cheese over the dressing. Add some chicken over the cheese (about two to three tablespoons for each tortilla). Add tomatoes, red onion and dark salad greens, depending on how much you like.
- Roll up tightly like a taco.