Looking for a quick and easy dinner? Here is a one that is sure to please! This recipe works well for a busy night where you just don’t have a lot of time to make dinner. If you don’t want to use a rotisserie chicken, you can cook up about a pound of chicken breast instead.
Simple recipe…you will need to cut up the cooked chicken for the salad and add to cooked noodles in a large bowl. Next slice up your tomatoes and mix in with the noodles and chicken. I like to use grape tomatoes for this recipe. They have a sweeter taste and go well with this recipe. Shred up some nice dark green romaine or spinach. Toss together until everything is mixed together well. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese over the salad.
Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette dressing on and serve. My kids prefer to drizzle ranch dressing on this. I have had it with both dressings. I have to say I like the salad with either dressing. Maybe it depends on what I am in the mood for that day, but either one will be delicious.
This salad can be served warm or cold. If you need to make it ahead of time or have different “dinner shifts” with a busy family, it works to have it warm and refrigerate the rest for someone later on. A great easy dinner for a busy family.
- 12 oz. whole wheat pasta noodles (I use rotini pasta)
- 2 tablespoons. parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded or diced
- 2 cups sliced grape tomato
- 1 cup dark greens (spinach, romaine, whichever you prefer)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cooked
- Balsamic dressing
- Cook the noodles following the directions on the package.
- Cut up the chicken.
- In a large bowl, add the noodles, chicken, tomato, and greens. Mix all ingredients well.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette dressing